Wednesday, June 17, 2009

nasty neighbors

Sunday morning, as I was about to park my car, I noticed that someone had placed a "reserved" signage at one of the vacant parking lots. Just last week, there was a similar incident and the person was asked to remove the signage. These "illegal signages" are mushrooming ! There is an unspoken understanding amongst residents that as long as these parking lots remain vacant and these owners have not moved in, we have the convenience of using these parking lots on a first-come-first-serve basis. If it's not yours, don't claim it as yours. I enquired with the guard at my block and he bravely approached the owner of the car (coincidentally she had just returned and was parking her car too). He told the driver that the lot was a vacant one and the signage must be removed. They had quite a lengthy conversation but I did not wait since I needed to cook. I stayed home for the rest of the day until about 9.30pm when my neighbors called me for a drink. When we returned, I noticed that this person had not only NOT removed the earlier signage but had ADDED another one ! We (my neighbors and I) asked the guard and this time he said that this person claimed that he had permission to use the parking lots as the lots were assigned to a unit that belonged to his relative. The next morning, I called the management office and asked them to verify this. I told them that while the ground and first floor units seem to remain vacant, the reserved signages were mushrooming. I left it at that and the very next morning (yesterday), I received a very rude call from a man. When I asmwered the call, the first thing I heard was, "Who are you" ! He said that I accused him and that he was the unit of a corner unit and with payment of "additional" monthly charges, was entitled to the parking lots fronting the block. Meanwhile, management had told me that the parking lots assigned to this owner was located at L3 (Level 3). By then I had totally lost it and ended up shouring back at this man. I was a breath away from calling him a f****r ! He told me to mind my own business and to stop being a "busy body". Who gave this man my phone number and whoever informed him which car I drove remains a question that I have asked the management to investigate. I will be writing to the management, Joint Management Committee (JMC), Pro-Tem Residents' Association and the developer this morning. The breach in security is alarming and MUST be addressed immediately !

No comments:

Post a Comment