Wednesday, July 1, 2009

fire at L2

What the heck ! I thought that I was only fighting to save my cars from being scratched but now I need to fight harder for a seriously justified reason. In a way, I am lucky that my other car's repairs were delayed otherwise my MPV would have been parked right to the front and would have blocked access to the pump room. Just to let you know, I have been "fighting" with our developer for just this very reason ! And I have been doing it since March 2006 when I got my keys. Maybe they thought that I was fooling around or an idiot for thinking the worst. Who cares lah what they think. Call me anything but my concerns are justified and have eventually been justified ! Our dear developer, as always, think we are clowns amidst their circus and what I find most irritating is the elegant silence they choose to practice. First it was the balcony roof that they took away without even having the common courtesy to inform us, then it was the money they owed and the defects and now this ! What next ??? There is a whole lot that I could say about them and very little of it would be good. Actually none !
This morning, I wrote an email to all the Yang Berhormats (pun intended) at MK Land, marked urgent with photos. Here's a copy of my email:
Last night at about midnight, it happened ! The fire alarm triggered and this time it was not a malfunction. It happened at Basement Carpark L2 Pump Room. The access to the Pump Room is right in front of my parking lots L2/33 and L2/34. Fortunately, there was ample space for the maintenance personnel, security guards and fire department personnel to access the Pump Room as I only had 1 car parked at my parking bays from last Saturday. If both my cars had been parked at my designated parking bays, access to the walkway leading to the Pump Room would have been blocked and my cars may have been damaged or scratched. I cannot say for certain if there was actually a fire but there was definitely dense smoke that permeated the basement carpark and I could even smell it from my unit at Block B, Level 15. The burning smell was so strong that many residents showed up to investigate the burning smell. Without any doubt, the fire alarm was triggered by the smoke and a resident who did not want to take any chances called the Fire Brigade from Sungai Buloh. Encik Hafiz, our Resident Manager, was present as soon as possible and was in attendance. The transformer that was just replaced earlier last week was damaged again, possibly from a power surge. With all these taken into serious consideration, I will not risk any form of damage to my vehicles parked at parking bays L2/33 and L2/34 and will arrange to remove them this evening after I return from work. I have been complaining about my defective parking bays since March 2006 and yet it has not been rectified. While I wished that last night's incident was a "false alarm" as what happened recently, it was not ! The condition/situation of our fire fighting and safety equipment are questionable. There are no "maps" (that I am aware of) showing the locations of fire extinguishers in the basement carparks in case of such emergencies. What concerns me the most is that throughout last night's incident, nobody came up to my unit to alert me about the possible danger or to ask me to move my vehicle. If I had not heard the fire alarm or smelt the burning smell, I would never have known about it. My 2nd car will be returning from the workshop this afternoon and I am requesting the agreement of Medan Prestasi Sdn Bhd to temporarily allow me to secure two (2) visitor parking bays fronting Block B until such time that my parking bays issue is resolved and proper (and safe) parking bays allocated to me, with my approval and initiated at your cost. Please note that while I could obtain permission to park at another owner's parking bays at L1, the ceiling is leaking from the swimming pool ! This is definitely another risk that I will not take ! For whatever reasons, if I do not receive a reply before the end of the working day, I will assume that I have reached an agreement with Medan Prestasi Sdn Bhd and will secure the assistance of the management staff to erect a "reserved" signage at two (2) visitor parking bays fronting Block B. In case some of you may assume that I am creating a big issue, I am taking the liberty of enclosing photos that I took of the incident last night. That is my MPV that you see in the pictures (ample access created as MPV was parked in between front and rear parking bays). Note the yellow division lines of the parking bays. I urge the parties concerned to look into providing proper access to this walkway and to other walkways at the basement carparks so that safety in all aspects may be preserved at all times and especially during emergencies. Are my reasons justified enough or do my cars need to be burnt to a crisp to get some serious reaction ?

No comments:

Post a Comment